September 5, 2011
Posted by on
A whole month went by without updates here at the blog, but now I’m back on track. Here is my priority list:
- finish modeling the Toyota, then decide whether to jump right into lighting surfacing and rendering or to put that on hold;
- finish the Digital Texturing and Painting book;
- work on a project I’m not ready to talk about yet;
- make use of my brand new CGCookie Citizenship, mainly to have a look at the animation tutorials but maybe also “speedwatch” the hard-surface modeling ones;
- get the trial version of Filter Forge and use the 30 days to try to get it for free;
- start a new scene, this time mostly focused on having a go at sculpting and organic modeling;
- finally have a go at tracking with the Tomato branch, been postponing this for too long; and
- maybe participate in some contest out there.
Those are only the Blender-related ones. Aside from all the rest I have also picked up photography meanwhile, and since you may be interested in that I might let you know about it too. So plenty to do and plenty for you to hear about ;) Stay tuned!
February 15, 2011
Posted by on
Hello and welcome to Fax on Blender!
Fax! That’s me, or rather, my nickname. The real name is Tiago Nunes. I’m Portuguese, I’m 25, and I’m more and more interested in digital art.
Here I will document my progress in learning Blender, the fantastic and free open source 3D content creation suite, so that one day I’ll be able to come up with brilliant stuff like this:
Image from Blender Foundation's Peach Open Movie Project, Big Buck Bunny!
I will use a somewhat structured approach, following books on the subject, but also throwing in miscellaneous knowledge that I get from finding tutorials or by experimentation on specific subjects I decided to explore on my own. I’ll also document any projects I set out to complete.
I hope to not only motivate myself but also other people who are willing to learn how to make awesome 3D art and are wondering how others are doing it!
Where and when?
Here and now! Stay tuned!